How To Edit Incorrect Details Online In Voter Card In AP
How To Edit Incorrect Details Online In Voter Card In AP, The Election Commission of India has announced a drive to make corrections in all voter ID cards that were issued with errors. the Electoral Verification Program (EVP) will ensure that no individuals face difficulty in casting votes during the election. Errors in spelling or incorrect names can now be rectified online. Voters who find that their name has been misspelled or is wrong and Edit Incorrect Details Like Name, Date of Birth, Address, Family Details Online In Voter Card can get their name corrected in the list and Documents required to Edit Details in voter Id by following the below process.
Edit Details Like Name, Date of Birth, Address, Family Details Online In Voter Card
Voters in India now can edit their errors in spelling or incorrect names can now be rectified online. Voters who find that their name has been misspelled or is wrong and Edit Incorrect Details Like Name, Date of Birth, Address, Family Details Online In Voter Card can get their name corrected in the list by following the below process.
Documents required to Edit Details in voter ID :
For verification of correction of name, upload a document where the name is spelled correctly eg.
- PAN card or
- any official document.
In case of change of name, upload official proof such as a copy of the government gazette.
For verification of address, the following documents are valid as proof:
- Aadhaar card,
- Driving license,
- Ration card,
- Government officials can use their ID card:
- Bank passbook,
- Farmer’s ID card.
- PAN card,
- Latest water,
- Telephone, Gas bill can also be used as proof of address
Once the entire process is completed, a reference number will be generated through which you can track the status of the application online through the website of the Chief Electoral Officer for your state/union territory. The application will then be verified by electoral authorities. If the verification is successful, you will be able to collect the voter ID card from the nearest electoral office. It usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks to receive the voter ID card after submitting for verification.
Steps To Edit Details In Voter Card:
- Visit the official website the National Voters Services Portal Link given below
- Navigate to the section titled “Correction of entries in electoral roll” and click on it.
- A new page opens up. Click on “Form 8” on the page.
- This will direct you to the actual page wherein you can request for voter card correction.
- Enter these details in the form.
- State and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency to which you belong
- Enter part number other of the electoral roll, serial number, gender, and age
- Provide details about your family, including the name of your father/mother/husband
- Enter your complete address.
- If you have a voter ID card which has been issued, provide details like the card number, the date when it was issued, the state where it was issued, and the constituency it was issued for.
- Once these details are entered you will have to upload documents that support them. These include your latest photograph, a valid ID, and address proof.
- Next, choose the details which need to be corrected/changed.
- In this particular case, you will have to click on the tab which says “My Name” in order to ensure that the procedure changes only the name in your voter ID.
- Enter the place you are making a request from (city).
- Mention the date on which this request to correct the name in your voter ID is being made.
- Provide your contact information (mobile number, email ID).
- Verify the information provided by you and click the “Submit” tab.
- The ECI will verify the information and incorporate the relevant changes if all information is accurate.